UC Berkeley Summer Sessions
Make the best use of your summer 2019, deepen your knowledge of American education and culture, and build the foundation for studying abroad and your future career.
The prestigious UC Berkeley, the charming San Francisco Bay Area, and the world's high-tech hub Silicon Valley! UC Berkeley Summer Session is the best start for your U.S. college experience and the best destination for your summer 2019.
Curriculum ComponentClass Period: July 6 - August 16, 2019 (six weeks)
Application Deadline: May 29
Application Qualification: College freshman or above
The English Proficiency Requirement: TOEFL 80, IELTS 6.5, CET4/6: 493
* Applicants who do not meet the English proficiency requirement may select courses only from the College Writing Program category, which may be counted as college credits as well.
VISA and Registration: UC Berkeley I-20, International student F-1 visa, registering at least five credit units
Courses: Business, Science, Humanities, Social Science, History, Geography, Environmental Science, Education, Law, Film & Media, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Arts, Music, Theater, Dance & Performance Studies, Foreign Languages, and College Writing Program, etc.
Curriculum Program Fees: Tuition, Enrollment Fee, one-time non-refundable Document Management Fee, and International Service Fee
* These fees are due directly to UC Berkeley
Application Process: Go online http://summer.berkeley.edu or consult with CFM counselor
Residential ComponentTrap yourself in your own room again after class when you have come to learn a different way of learning? Go out of the classroom, enhance your communication skills, experience American society and culture, serve and learn, soak up the Silicon Valley, bath in the Californian golden sunshine, and enjoy American leisure activities!
- The residential program is operated by the partner of the Academic Talent Development Program (ATDP) UC Berkeley’s Graduate School of Education. The organization has a long-standing partnership with many universities and educational organizations in the U.S. for 25+ years, during which it has accumulated extensive experience in providing highly reliable international education and student services.
- Standard college dormitory with integrated environment for university life, community, learning, entertainment and recreation in the meantime ensure security, safety and comfort.
- Berkeley is an ethnically and culturally diverse city. It has many kinds of restaurants offering wide variety of foods at different price ranges and services. It’s a great opportunity of cultivating autonomous and independent learning.
- We are not just chaperones who offer airport pickup or supervision; our counselors also serve as tutors after class and proactively guide students to understand their coursework and assist with assignments to maximize their academic success.
- Students will visit Silicon Valley tech companies, experience the startup atmosphere and understand the technology working culture through an employee-guided info session.
- We provide an inspiring and memorable summer filled with high-value extracurricular activities that are educational, culturally enriching, friendship building, and fun, a lot of fun.
- Standard college dormitory (5-minute walk to campus) with 24-hour monitored security system and keyed lobby entrance, elevator, and room door. High-speed internet is available in each room.
- Conveniently located across the street from campus and a few steps away from restaurants & shops.
- The program includes university meal plan with variety and multicultural options. Students can gather to eat, chat, and hang out, in the meantime enjoy the living/learning atmosphere.
- Students have their flexibility to decide how and what they eat for weekday breakfast and weekend meals. Restaurants of different varieties are conveniently located around the campus and nearby the apartment that are very accessible.
- Students can also prepare their own breakfast and midnight snack utilizing the refrigerator and microwave in each room that renders big savings and flexibility.
Social and Professional Enrichment
- Silicon Valley tech company visit & employee-guided info session
Program Organized Events & Activites
- Whitewater river rafting
- Canopy zip-lining
- SF Symphony or concert
- SF or Berkeley excursion
- Theme Park
- Stanford University and Outlets Shopping
- Tech Company Visit
Optional Self-Supported Events & Activites
- SF Union Square
- Big C Hiking
- Berkeley Botanical Garden
Students who received admission from UC Berkeley for Summer Sessions 2019
- Summer Sessions Residential Program Application Form, Student Agreement Form
- Summer Sessions Admission Letter, I-20, Copy of passport, Resume
- Reservation Deposit
* Refundable after deduction of application fee when admission or visa denied
Check-out / Departure Date: August 16 night
Arrival and Departure Airport: San Francisco (SFO)
Including: SFO airport transportation, standard college dormitory, university weekday meal plan (Lunch & Dinner), refrigerator and microwave in each dorm room, linens, medical insurance, academic guidance, residential counselors/mentors, Silicon Valley tech company visit & guided information session, safety & security management, overseas emergency contact, class registration and international student orientations, high-value cultural and leisure activities throughout the programNot including: Weekday breakfast, weekend meals, round trip airfare, visa fee, personal expenses, optional events and tours, and fees due directly to UC Berkeley including tuition, enrollment, document management and international service