MBA and MAcc
The Brock School of Business at Samford University offers graduate degree for Master of Business Administration programs (MBA) and Master of Accountancy (MAcc). The Brock School of Business is accredited by the premier accreditation body for schools of business worldwide. AACSB International accreditation represents the highest standard of achievement for business schools. Institutions that earn accreditation confirm their commitment to quality and continuous improvement through a rigorous and comprehensive peer review.
The MBA program provides a comprehensive education for expanded managerial roles in a variety of organizations. Students have the option of adding a concentration (in Accounting, Entrepreneurship, Finance, International Business or Marketing) to their degree by taking one additional, approved elective courses but students may also earn an MBA without a concentration. The MBA degree program at the Brock School of Business provides graduates the skills needed to be successful managers and leaders in a competitive global business environment. The core business functions of accounting, economics, finance, operations, marketing, human resources and organizational behavior, management information systems, and corporate strategy are taught with a focus on problem solving and practical application in the workplace.
The Master of Accountancy (MAcc) program prepares graduates to succeed as accountants and advisors to organizations in today’s dynamic, global business environment. Students will develop technical, interpersonal, critical-thinking, and communication skills to enable them to derive and interpret information used by investors, managers, and governments. The graduate program at the Brock School of Business works effectively with others to provide a network to help students, faculty, and alumni connect with accounting professionals to facilitate career and placement opportunities for students.
- Offers conditional admission to the student who does not have satisfactory English proficiency. Once the conditionally admitted student completes the ELLI program, he/she can enroll in the MBA/MAcc program.
- MBA program offers the following concentrations: Accounting, Entrepreneurship, Finance, International Business and Marketing.
- The MAcc program can provide a network to help students connect with accounting professionals to facilitate future career opportunities for students.
- Bachelor's degree from a regional accredited university
- TOEFL 90 / IELTS 7.0
- GMAT >= 480 or GRE equivalent (minimum 20% verbal)
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or above
- All prior non-U.S. coursework must be evaluated (course-by course) by WES and the evaluation report must be sent to the university directly. Please check WES website for details.
Fall semester begins in every August
Spring semester begins in every January (MBA program only)