Ohlone for Kids
A summer enrichment program at Silicon Valley Public School District
We are the Summer Program your child needs:
- An enrichment program that is challenging
- Repetitive learning every day on the same subjects
- So enjoyable students do not want it to end
- One that parents can feel the kid's growth afterwards
Authentic Domestic Program and Class Varieties for Selection
This is a long-standing original summer enrichment program designed for local commuting students in the neighborhood school district. International students can independently choose classes of their interests, learn in the normal American classroom setting, and interact with the domestic students.Hands-on Learning and Diverse Culture Immersion
This is a public program with open enrollment that is different from those typical study-group based that international students are always together for the same classes without mingling with local students.
Summer is an opportunity to stay away from any traditional instruction based education. Come to experience hands-on and interactive learning to develop your practical skills. International students can taste the ways American classes are conducted and how American students learn. They will also gain perspectives toward their upcoming high school and college career.Academic Guidance and Residential Advisory
International students can experience more diverse culture from this open-community summer program of a public school district than those hosted by private boarding schools under the closed campus environment.
Live-in residential counselors from prestige university will provide academic and cultural guidance to international students. This enrichment program is wrapped around the curriculum with value-added services and extra-curriculum activities to cultivate student's leadership, independence and self confidence under yet a fun-packed environment.
The program staffs are educators and parents of young adults themselves that are experienced in managing international programs for over 20 years. Parents should have high confidence in program staffs that their students will be well taken care of.
Dates: July 21 – August 7, 2018 (2.5 weeks)
Staffing: Around-the-clock residential counselors
Cultural Activities: High-value extracurricular activities on weekends and some weekdays that are educational, fun and cultural, and foster the building of international friendships
Eligible Applicants: The Rising 4th to 9th graders in Summer 2018
- Application form & Application fee
- English Essay (100-200 words) “Introduce yourself to American classmates”
- Skype interview: 10-15 minutes to understand the student’s practical English proficiency
Including: Airport transportation to and from SFO, high quality living accommodation on college campus, 3 meals per day, traveler's insurance residential counselors, safety management, local emergency contact, diverse and exciting high-quality cultural activities
Not including: Round-trip international airfare, visa fees, and personal expenses. Courses marked with asterisks (* / **) are engineering or filmmaking related. Students who wish to take these courses will need to pay additional material fee
Comprehensive Program Value
- This summer program is administered by UC Berkeley Academic Talent Development Program’s partner. The organization has had 24 years of experience with many American universities, hence having high reliability in international educational services. In 2016, we continue to dig deeper into education as we partner with Silicon Valley’s Fremont Unified School District to bring an exciting summer program to younger students.
- Inspirational program that allows students to gain new knowledge and skills, interest in exploring and confidence in the midst of fun. Join local American students in participating in hands-on learning.
- Visit two world-renowned schools in the Silicon Valley and San Francisco Bay Area. Bring home a goal and dream for the future.
- High-value and diverse weekend cultural and fun activities, emphasizing American culture integration and life experiences, enabling students to have an unforgettable summer and dream.
- Living accommodations at Cal State East Bay to experience American college life. Campus and dorms on the hilltop overlooking the Bay. New and modern student apartment-style dorms with comprehensive kitchen and living room. Each apartment suite has two double or triple occupancy bedrooms. Wi-Fi available and common areas available for social events. 20 minutes away from the class location. Transportation provided.
- 3 meals a day with a wide variety and range of cuisines.
Housing & Meals:
College dormitory; Wide variety of multi-culture foods
Cultural Events & Activities:
- Great America Amusement Parks
- San Francisco City Tour
- Stanford University and UC Berkeley campus visit
- California Academy of Sciences, Golden Gate Park
- Aqua Adventure Water Park and Wetland Discovery
- Camping in the Redwood Forest
- American High School Visit
- Talent Show
- Time Capsule
- Writing Home
- Picnic, Movies, Basketball, Frisbee, and more * All tour itineraries are subject to change without notice.