The San Francisco Bay Area and Silicon Valley
Silicon Valley is located in the southern region of the San Francisco Bay Area, the major metropolitan area in Northern California. It includes the well-known city of San Francisco located on the Peninsula, the city of Oakland, which is east of the Bay Bridge, and the city of San Jose in the heart of Silicon Valley. The population of Bay Area is over 7,000,000 and is one of the regions with the highest income. Large corporations such as Apple Computers, HP, Google, Yahoo, Intel, Cisco, Oracle, and Adobe rose to fame in the Silicon Valley. The San Francisco Bay Area has spring-like climate year round with warm Californian sunshine, romantic bay, historic Victorian-style architecture, and more, making it one of the most beautiful places in the world. Complemented with friendly and internationalized residents, the Bay Area is warm and welcoming to visitors from all over the world.
City of Fremont and Mission San Jose District
Fremont is located in the southeast section of the San Francisco Bay Area in the East Bay region primarily. It is the largest suburb in the metropolis and the closest East Bay city to the heart of Silicon Valley. Fremont is ranked among the nation’s very best communities to live, learn, work and raise a family. Fremont is also famous for Mission San Jose, one of the oldest of the historic Spanish missions in California, and the beautiful rolling hills of Mission Peak.
Mission San Jose District in the south side of the city is most culture rich and with high-achieving grade schools that are ranked very high academically in the nation. The excellent education offering in the district has been attractive to a high population of technology and engineering professionals and families with school-aged children.
Mission San Jose High School Highlights
- Mission San Jose High School (MSJHS) is the premier high school in Fremont Unified School District (FUSD) which is home to approximately 34,000 K-12 students.
- Twice recognized by Newsweek as one of the top high schools among 18,000 schools in the nation
- Top-Ranked public STEM high school in 2015 US News & World Report
- 2014-2020 WASC full accreditation
- School Award:
- 1 California Gold Ribbon Schools Award
- 3 National Blue Ribbon Schools Awards
- 4 California Distinguished Schools Awards
- Scholastic Excellence：
- Awards including National Lincoln Douglas Debates, National Science Bowl, National Oceanic Bowl
- National recognition by Siemens Westinghouse, Intel Science Talent Search competitions
- Total enrollment of 2,226 with a dropout rate of less than 1%
- The FUSD leader in average SAT scores with a Writing of 671, Reading of 653, and Math of 699
- 90% of Advanced Placement (AP) participation rate
- 94% of graduates attend post-secondary schools with 77% attending four-year colleges/universities including all UC and CSU campuses
- 94 National Merit Finalists for the class of 2015
Cesar Chavez Middle School Highlights
- The New Haven Unified School District is a public school district serving approximately 12,000 students at 11 schools.
- This middle school strives to develop inquiring, knowledgeable, and caring youth.
- The school is named in honor of Caesar Chavez, a renowned Latin-American civil rights activist.
- Cesar Chavez Middle School is one of OFK class locations.